Online Seminar Negotiation Skills at Munich Business School
Negotiation has always been a core competency for effective managers at all levels of the organization. Whenever a manager requires the cooperation of others to reach his objective, he/she has to negotiate. Solving most managerial problems depends on the manager’s ability to create and implement lasting agreements among the parties concerned. In fact, given that managers rely on others to get their work done, it’s hard to imagine a more essential skill.
Interactive combination of theory and practice
The two-day online course is designed to teach participants a well structured approach to negotiation, providing them with a toolbox of strategies and tactics as well as the framework for putting it all together. In addition to providing the key principles of negotiation, the course will sharpen the participant’s practical skills. Case studies and experiments provide the necessary feedback to turn the classroom experience into real-life strategies.
- Understand and put into practice the core principles of negotiation.
- Identify the basic building blocks of any negotiation and develop a framework for putting them together.
- Understand the difference between win/win and win/lose negotiation and learn to balance the two approaches.
- Explore fundamental negotiation techniques and common tricks.
- Discuss fairness and ethics in the context of negotiation.
- Study and experience relevant psychology and common mistakes.
Negotiation is a core competency for effective managers at all levels and across all functions of the organization, e.g. project management, procurement, marketing, sales, HR, or finance.
Date: 20 February 2019
Time: 10:30 and 13:30
Price for 2-day seminar (17&18 April)
1.290 Euro (plus VAT).